Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's in a name?

Well, we'll know in another week what day this little man will arrive. I have an appointment on Thursday this next week to schedule the c-section with my Doctor. I can't believe we are literally only 8 weeks away. With the due date so close, the picking of his name has been quite an issue here in this house. We have a couple names that we both like. One particular that I'm crazy about and feel very strongly about. Brian likes it, but says he just can't commit to it. The truth of the matter is he didn't think of it, and so he's sad. He has gotten to choose the middle names AND last name of both kids so far. I'm even letting him decide on the middle name for this little guy. That seems fair, doesn't it?


Side Story: A few months ago, I mentioned I liked a specific name and that the more I was thinking about it, I loved it more and more. Then a few days later I was talking to Brian about this song I heard on the radio and absolutely loved. We went to look it up on YouTube, and low and behold the singers name was the same as this baby's name that I loved so much. Brian thought this was a plan to try and convince him, but I had no idea who sang the song. I'm telling you, it was a sign.

It's not a very common name at all. I've told some friends and family members the name we're thinking of and everyone seems to like/love it. Not that that matters but it's always good to hear positive feedback.

Now that I've made you wait for ever and a day to hear this name, what's one more day? If you need a hint... I've posted a pretty song on this blog that I absolutely love. (different spelling though and DEFINITELY not this kids last name.)

To be continued...

1 comment:

Niki said...

Ok so even though I know the name you made me look it up with that song. Haha, I like the hint with the last name. That would sure be an interesting name huh?