Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RS Auction

Last week we had our 3rd Annual Relief Society Auction. I really look forward to this every year. We get a great turn out, and it's so much fun learning about everyones talents that they are willing to share and to see how competative we all are.

Every year I bring my special cupcakes to Auction off (They also get to cash the coupon in for 1 dozen cupcakes decorated for your specific event throughout the year). This year I decided to change it up a bit. I enjoy baking. I shouldn't, but I do. So, I looked through a fun "Cupcake" recipe book that I have and found a fun treat to make. Can you guess what it is?


It's a TV Dinner. Mashed potatos with Gravy, Peas and Carrots, Pudding and 3 Drum sticks. It was fun to see everyones reaction.

Since I enjoy planning and organizing parties I decided to Auction off helping someone plan a party of their choice. I will make up to 10 invitations, I will decorate the Table scape, and I will make a cake (or cupcakes) to match their theme as well. I'm so excited to help plan a party for a friend of mine, Jackie!

I was lucky enough to walk out of there with a future meal delivery. Niki is going to make our family Baked Parmesan Chicken served on Flakey Croissants, A Garden fresh salad, and a Decadent Chocolate Cake with a rich Ganoush frosting. Okay, wipe your druel. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Lanna Palmer said...

My kids absolutely LOVED the cupcakes! I had to cut them up so they could each have a taste. We almost had WWIII when Grant ate the "butter" off of the potatoes and didn't share! So fun Mia, you are one talented lady:)

Millers! said...

What a great idea.. you are so creative! OH! and I couldnt hear what your son was singing..what was the movie?

Mari said...

Mmmm, I want one right now! I've been craving super yummy cupcakes since I went to Sprinkles in LA. I bet yours could rival theirs!