Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day and Moms a Wreck!

What a smooth morning we had. Got the kids up, Brooklyn made her bed (without me asking), she got dressed, kissed Daddy goodbye, watched cartoons, ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, answered some questions that mommy asked about her feelings today, took some pictures, drove to school, dropped her off, watched her walk into the school all by herself, and then mommy cried the whole way home. Pretty smooth for a first day! Here she is. My school girl!




So, one of my friends started a cute tradition on the first day of school. She decorats the table for her son and makes him a nice breakfast (The cute thing is he is always so nervous that he doesn't eat very much). Anyway, I loved the idea, and here is my little table set up for Brooklyn. She wanted Eggos, Strawberry Yogurt, and Milk! That's what she got! I got a little creative and made a placemat out of crayons. It turned out okay I guess.


Here she is walking up to school. "All by herself"



(Look at the size of that Backpack!)

6 comments:

Lori said...

The first day is always hard! But what a cute way to send her off. Way to go mom!

Erin said...

Hang in there Mia! Loved the pictures and the cute breakfast idea! Did she end up having a good first day of school? What was her favorite part of the day? Daphne's favorite part was recess...of course!

Jeff and Amy said...

I'm pretty amazed that she wasn't nervous - way to go Brooklyn! I was kind of nervous about having Porter go into nursery, so I can't imagine how it would feel to have your first child go to school! I love the idea about the special breakfast.

Lisa and Anthony said...

Hey guys!!! Your lil girl is dang cute and looks awesome going to school. Though, I think she should have asked for the LARGE back-pack, Hello! Monkey chicken-pants potato pox. Just checkin' to see if you read these... We love you guys, your family is BBEEE- ee - uetiful!!

Angie said...

Mia, what a cute idea. Sorry I haven't been on UR blog for a while. It's so cute! What a cute family. Time goes by so fast! I am so glad to see that you guys are doing so well. Makes me want to go to Minnesota!

Becky said...

I love the placemat! Maybe I'll cry when my little girl (who is still not here btw) goes to school, but I have yet to cry w/ these boys! Brooklyn is a cutie.