Friday, August 15, 2008

Piano Lessons


I just got a bit of fun news today. Long story that I'll shorten up a bit. Brian's mom called me and asked if we knew the a certain Family in our area. I told her of course we do, and in fact their oldest daughter is giving Brooklyn piano lessons. She couldn't believe it, but the grandparents of the family we know are great friends with Brian's parents. In fact they go all the way back to the young married ward at Stanford University. They used to spend Labor Days together every year until they moved to Utah years ago. Small world isn't it?! I told Carolyn that I would post pictures of Brooklyn and Ann Katherine (their daughter) at her very first piano lesson a few weeks ago. I also got to see Ann Katherine at camp last week and she told me that Brooklyn is a very talented piano player. The lessons that she teaches most kids within 2 months is the same that Brooklyn has picked up in 2 weeks. I'm so proud of my little girl. She practices a few times everyday. She loves it. Anyway, Carolyn couldn't believe that her Grand daughter is learning piano from her friends Grand daughter. I love stories like this.

1 comment:

Jeff and Amy said...

Yay for piano lessons!! I love that Brooklyn is taking lessons. Isn't it amazing how small the world really is.