Friday, May 16, 2008

Brooklyn's Graduation

Well, She did it. I wasn't sure she would make it, it was trying at times, it was incovenient some days, and She just didn't want it to end, but Pre-school Graduation happened on Tuesday! That's it, she is officially a kindergartener! As the mother of this beautiful little girl, I feel I have the right to be proud and lucky at the same time. She's so smart and she's mine (well, ours).

She had a great year at Arbor View with a wonderful teacher; Jeanette. We think the world of her. Brooklyn has said, she is really going to miss her, and wants to come back to visit often. I'm not sure she understands her schedule next year (Every day, half day), there won't be too much time to spare. I plan on getting Gavin involved in the classes there starting in the fall.

Here are some of the pictures from Graduation...



This is her class. There were 12 kids total (two were late)



Linda (Class helper), Brooklyn & Jeanette






This is one of Gavin's teachers, Erin. One of his other teachers was out sick on the last day, he loves her and he says her name so sweetly; "Stewa" (Stella)




Brooklyn, Mariam, Ibrahim & Gavin. Ibrahim is one of Brooklyns best friends. He is the cutest boy ever! We have a little favoritism towards him in class. His little Sister Mariam is in Gavin's class. They are a wonderful family, we hope to keep in touch with through-out the summer.







Here is a quick little video of her Graduation walk.


I should probably explain the gloves. This was an activity they did through-out the year with a black light and made them glow. They performed a couple songs while they wore them. This was one of their favorite activities.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Mia, every time you post a picture of Brooklyn I think to myself, "Oh my gosh, she is a little Mini Mia!" Looks like graduation was fun!

Jeff and Amy said...

Congrats to Brooklyn! Way cute graduation. It's still hard for me to believe that she is already old enough to be going to kindergarten.

Mari said...

Congrats to Brooklyn! And congrats to Gavin for making it through a year as well! Their friends are so adorable! I love the look Mariam has on her face!