Friday, April 1, 2011

St Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day... You know that day that almost slipped by?!

I realized the day before that I've got some work to do to make it all happen. I thought, is it worth getting all flustered trying to find my "Green" stuff around the house, and plan a fun breakfast, lunch and dinner? What was I thinking, I'm Irish, of course it's worth it. And, if my Grandma ever found out that I almost forgot to celebrate the day of the Irish, her favorite day all year, I'd be sorry. So, here it is.

The morning surprise...
Breakfast- Key Lime Yogurt, Green toast (Bread from Jack's Bakery), a greenish (maybe yellowish) pop that I won't mention because it's horrible that I even thought about giving to them.

Landen HATED the green garland. When it touched him, he screamed louder than he ever has screamed before. Poor little man.


Dinner: Green Pancakes cut in the shape of clovers, Corned Beef Hash, and Green Milk (They didn't drink it, because my kids don't like to drink colored milk. We do this every year, but they still won't drink it.)


Here's to next years St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully I'll be better prepared.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

My goodness - you're 5,000 times more prepared than I was. Let me rephrase that, you're actually "prepared" - we found shamrock leggings and wore them to school. Oh yeah, we're really rocking on St. Patty's Day (though we're not Irish so perhaps that genealogy gives you creativity - sadly there is no Danish Day or Swedish Day or British Day, I'd totally rock on those, I think.) I'm amazed at your decorations, your food, your preparation (even at this level!)