Thursday, January 8, 2009

Update Time

I have realized that there has been quite a few postings that I start; "Sorry I haven't updated in a while," and this posting is no different!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just busy, and a little lazy to tell you the truth. I've been trying to figure out how to post some video's that we've taken over the holiday onto youtube, but I'm not having much luck. I'll post again, when I get them up and running.

In the mean time, I have a lot to update.

"A Sweet, precious, adorable little nerd, only a mother (and father, and grandparents) could love"


Gavin hasn't played with his tools and tool bench for a long time, and when I got him these pj's, he thought they were so cool, he ran for the toolbelt, and went around fixing things all evening. Now if only there was some type of pajamas with Potty's on them!


"CHRISTMAS CARDS"
We got a few Christmas cards back in the mail this year, because of wrong addresses. This could easily have been my fault, I appologize to some of you. Then the holiday's just got busy (as you are all aware) and I didn't send them out again. So, here is the card we sent out this year. ENJOY!

With Love, The Head Family



"BRYNN"

We were so excited to have my neice Brynn come and spend the day with us the first part of December. We hadn't seen her for a while. We made a gingerbread house and tree while she was over. The kids had a great time. I'm so thankful for the beautiful young women she has become. She has had a lot of struggles that no daughter of God should ever have to experience, but I'm thankful that things are looking up for her now. We love you Brynn!



"CHRISTMAS COOKIES"

I know some of you already know, but for those of you who don't, I am a fan of Martha Stewart. I'm not a crazed, OCD fan, but I enjoy learning things from her and getting FABULOUS tips. So, as I watched her show the week before Christmas, I saw the cutest sugar cookies, and I had to make them. Aren't they cute? I'll take orders next Christmas if anyone is interested. Also, I've started thinking about Valentine cookies too.



"SANTA"

Brooklyn had a hard time this year deciding what to tell Santa she wanted for Christmas. (She just turned 6 in November and got very nice things) After much consideration, she came up with a plan. She told me, "Mom, I think I'm going to tell Santa to suprise me this year. What do you think?" I told her that was a fabulous idea (Santa had pretty much finished shopping at this point). The look on Santa's face was cute too, when she told him. This is just before his reaction.

Let's just say, we picked December 23rd to visit him. We waited in line for 1 1/2 hours. Crazy, I know, but it had to be done. This was a picture of Gavin getting a little tired, so he laid down on the "Snow" in the wonderland forest. I found glitter on him for then next few days.
Later that day we were looking at pictures from the last 2 years on Santa's lap and Brooklyn noticed that this is the "same" Santa (We always go to Northtown Mall). I didn't know exactly what to say, because I THINK I might have told her at one time or another that the Santa's in the malls are Santa's helpers, because he can't be everywhere at once, so he asks his friends to help him. But, I don't exactly remember telling her that. I have a bad memory when it comes to LIES I've told my children. I hope I keep the story straight!


"Christmas Eve"
We spent Christmas in Minnesota this year. Christmas Eve is my families big day. My Brother and his family and my neice Brynn all joint us at my parents for the evening. We all got very nice gifts from everyone and enjoyed dinner too.
Family Picture:

I thought this picture was adorable; Gavin and Kendyl are very close. She keeps good tabs on him. She lets him play with her too, which is very cool to Gavin. They are also both major Grandpa fans!

"CHRISTMAS DAY"

We have lot's of great video and pictures from Christmas day, I'll post them in the next day or two.

6 comments:

Niki said...

So fun. I'm glad you're back blogging again. I've missed your posts.

ProudPapa said...

Thanks for the update! And what complaints will you have about this "family picture?" It's beautiful! Especially on the right side (your left). I might even add it to my repertoire of wallpapers. And thanks for showing pictures of Brynn. I've always been smitten by her beauty (in a grandfatherly way, of course). (And how do you do spell checking on comments? Not possible? Then I will have to limit my comments.)

Becky said...

Your Christmas card was too cute! Also I didn't realized until Sara told me this week on FB that there are 9 sunbeams and they are all girls! I thought Gavin was in there already, but alas no! Are there any boys Gavin's age in the ward? Oh well they can still be buddies even if they're in different classes, right? Looks like you had a great Christmas! I also like Martha Stewart, I started getting her mag this fall and wish I had more time to read it!!

Lori said...

I LOVE the cookies, I would totally order from you. I don't think I would be inspired enough to make my own :-) Cute pictures too!

Mari said...

Mia you are so talented and beautiful too. Your kids are precious and I love the jammies and tool belt get up. I think Gavin looks pretty cool and can see how easy it is to love him.

I cannot believe Brynn is that old! SHE IS GORGEOUS!

Remember when Yvette and your mom came to visit you in Utah and she was just a baby? We made your mom say "poop" over and over again because we loved her MN accent. I can still hear it in my head, "Oh she's gonna poop, she's gonna have a blow out." No disrespect to Brynn, your mom is just the coolest.

Lisa and Anthony said...

Your family is beautiful - what adorable pictures!!!