Monday, October 20, 2008

My moms birthday cake

A few weeks ago, my mom and I were watching some show on wedding cakes and saw the cutest little purses made out of cake for a bridal shower and I said, I wanted to make one. My mom said, yeah right! So I took it as a challenge. She didn't realize I would make one for her upcoming birthday as a suprise. Keep in mind when you look at this picture, I have no pastry training, & this was the very first time I ever used Fondant.

Don't laugh! But enjoy.

4 comments:

Niki said...

Very impressive!

Clarinda said...

I never would have guessed you weren't a professional! Did you make your own fondant? I've been wanting to try it out, but haven't had the time or occasion. Perhaps you could teach me... You've definitely got skills. I bet your mom really enjoyed it.

Lanna Palmer said...

Way to go Mia:) See you are an overachiever!!! Cake decorating is a hobby I'd love to pick up, but then I'd have to eat it!

Mari said...

Forgot laughing, WOW Mia! Of course I wouldn't expect anything to look crappy if you did it. You always have been the whiz when it comes to crafty and creative things. All you need is some ribbon, safety pins and a stick and you can create a masterpiece! The cake looks fantastic!